1 month ago
In our 15th year of public safety, SAR prevention and community outreach, we're proud to say our crew have successfully reached their summer goals and initiatives.
Summer 2019 was full of adventure and travel, exploration and excitement, in addition to search and rescue group collaboration, outdoor recreation industry partnerships and teamwork. All in the name of public safety and SAR prevention.
- 11,373 people reached ‘face to face’
- 12,388 kms travelled
- 19 SAR groups worked with
- 7 / 12 BC SAR regions reached
- 5,245 individuals educated at events
- 1,394 presentation attendees
- 4,638 ppl engaged with @ trailheads
- 38 ‘Awareness Training’ workshop ppl
- 16 new BC AdventureSmart volunteers
- 19 media opps (TV, radio, print news)
- 306 recognized #sarprevention volunteers
- 70% of the national AS trip plan app downloads are in BC!
Thanks to all of our supporters, influencers, partners, and fellow outdoor enthusiasts for their 'likes', 'shares', 'comments', support and involvement.
This summers crew of @pj_richards @jscottyan Alix Casey & @tashp123 lead by @mountainriches proved successful! We also owe 👍👍 to @globetrottin_ash & @adventuresinyukon for their contribution to this season.
We couldn't do this without the 100% financial (& literal) support from the @bcsarassoc , in addition to the @lifesavingbcyk , thank you.
Full report details #linkinbio